May 8, 2015

Spring flowers



Daffodowndilly


AA Milne
She wore her yellow sun-bonnet, 
She wore her greenest gown;
She turned to the south wind 
And curtsied up and down.
She turned to the sunlight,
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbor:
"Winter is dead."

When Livie and Tori were little, we had a tape of AA Milne's When we were very young poems that we listened to a lot. We all have bits and pieces memorized. (I like AA Milne poems. Even if it is incredibly childish of me.) 

Daffodowndilly is one I think of every spring. 


Trout lily 



Bleeding heart


Blue Cohosh 

(Just learned what this was. Thanks to google and the term Northern woods flower purple-ish spring)


Trillium


Spring Beauties


Dutchmen's breeches


Trout Lily


Bleeding Heart. I love the arching-ness of bleeding heart

2 comments:

AJWG said...

I adore bleeding hearts, but have killed so many of them! Wah!

Bethaney said...

Really? I didn't know you could kill them! haha Maybe they are just particularly suited to where I have lived because I am not very talented with plants. :-)