I feel like doing a list of things that make me happy.
1. My husband. I like that guy. I (mostly) always do, but I particularly like him right now, for no reason in particular. Just because he is Mr. Super Awesome.
2. Free old kids books. The library at school is going through their books and getting rid of the ones that don't circulate. Which are all ones I love. Ones that are a bit price-y to buy ($5-$10 per book) which means that I can't just go and buy the entire set of Lois Lenski's regional books. But I can get five of them for free outside the school library. Oh yes! (That comment is to trick on into thinking I only got five books from the school library, rather than the multiple armloads I staggered home with.)
3. A clean house. I have been miraculously good about keeping my house clean. We had meeting here this week, which ensured a clean house, but it has been fairly neat for awhile now. (I mentally pat myself on the back whenever I think of this. But I am also always on the look out for any backsliding, since I am not sure what has prompted this streak of organized neatness, but I am terrified I will suddenly not care if there is laundry in the dryer or not.)
4. Butternut Squash. It is sublime. We had it last night, chopped up and roasted with a little olive oil and a touch of maple syrup and salt and pepper. Oooo!
5. Bulbs. Bulbs are just so neat and fresh looking. Arrow straight and purposeful. I have some paperwhites I am forcing and I noticed the very first flower this morning. Yay!