September 15, 2011

Procrastination

Have you ever heard of Groupon? They are a daily deal site, one great discount a day sort of thing. Good stuff generally. About 5 months ago, I bought a groupon for $75 worth of Picaboo photo books. (I imagine that is pronounced peek-a-boo, not pick a boo, which would be more ghost store-ish.) This groupon expires today. And I've got nothin'. Which means I will spend today sitting on the floor (so I can attach my notebook to the larger old school monitor, since photo book sites do not format their screens for a 10 inch display) trying to get my photo book done. This will involve trying to make my kids self-sufficient for the day (ha!), pretending I have no housework, and generally working myself into a frantic, world-ignoring state before I finally submit a photo book at 11:58 tonight. I will probably pity myself too for having to try to deal with life and children when I am procrastinating for crying out loud!

Pity Justin. And my children.

And now I must organize my thoughts and pictures on 2008, which is what the photo book will be. I haven't done an actual photo album since 2006. And that was the first time since 2004. We have these blank periods in our history. Thanks to deals and groupons, I have already done 2010 and 2009, as well as our wedding (only 8 years after the fact) and our roadtrip last summer. I like photo books.

But first I need to go wipe lucky charms off the floor and take the golf club away from Gilbert who is doing his level best to break the oven door window.

No comments: