April 16, 2018

September Afternoons

Weather talk is so BORING. So just--what on earth?!We are in an eternal late winter and the sun hasn't shone steadily in a few weeks. I weep for the lost days of spring. 

So, old pictures! Last fall. 


The cutest rat I have ever seen


The nicest Aunt Ashley


Butterfly girl


The painted gang


Abilene was painted by Lily


Sweet raccoon


Monarch and aster


I stood there for about ten minutes just watching this butterfly flit round the asters. Oh for things alive and fluttering outside. 





Beetle kill elm


such fantastic designs


Firewood canoe apparently


Cutie patootie


Toes


Two red shirted sillies


Paddling their own piece of firewood


I love these cousins!



Corn, ripe for the harvest


Queen Anne's Lace


Geese in the field. You can't actually tell they are geese, but they are. 


Amish corn harvester


Lily's long thing


Bridge reflections



Bud the horse


Cornfield sunrise





Beginning of color!




Backroads


Twins


2 comments:

Virginia said...

Oh man, what a welcome sight to see some life in nature! And that’s coming from me, who’s a good 6 hours south of you. Mary sent me some pics from this Saturday when it was 82F here and snowing there. I hope your spring comes soon!

Bethaney said...

I try not to be dramatic about winter. I mean it is April, it can't last much longer, right? Except it snowed all day today. It feels eternally grey and snowy... I NEED SPRING. Something green and growing. The tree buds haven't even begun to swell yet. sigh.