July 1, 2018

June things


One afternoon, driving over to Mom and Dad's, we saw a bald eagle flying over Owen's freshly cut hay field.



Honey Locust


I think this is cow parsley


Baby geese










Justin worked out of town most of the month of June, so Sunday leave taking was a part of life. 




They love their daddy



Doing anything outside in June is more interesting than doing it inside. No matter how much work it is to get everything outside...


I had my second grade put on puppet plays for me. Some were better than others. But they were fun!




Dramatic sky


Some leaf disease


Mare's tails



I LOVE PEONIES!!!


And irises


Aren't they outrageous? So over the top. And I adore them for it. 


For Father's Day, our present was to get all the maple syrup supplies cleaned up. 


Field ripe for harvest 



Birthday girl in a terrible picture on my phone



The peachy colored peony from up above faded into cream


And apparently, if you pick a peony that has a bud on it, it doesn't develop as big. They are petite. So cute!


Elsie's kindergarten graduation with her teacher and long term sub


Vetch and bedstraw


Looking at a poor frog



What a squidlet this girl is!!


Frogs are endlessly fascinating! 

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Never enough peony pics! Also, I wish I was a poet b/c the North Country in June is worthy of all the sonnets.