November 2, 2016

Woodpile

Guess what? I am still putting pictures up of the first weekend in October! This is the longest, most drawn out weekend I have practically ever seen. But it was a really great weekend and I took a lot of pictures. 

These pictures are all about the woodpile. We spent a good bit of time around the woodpile, although Owen did his bet to lure everyone away from the pile to play hearts. At one point he said he refused to be one of those people who invites people to their house to make them work, so we had to go play hearts. Scott and Sarah ignored him. 


In the morning, the kids played with the logs.


They built a road


And a house


I love the hard hat full of leaves.


Mom's morning glory 


The big girls going on a walk, which was the impetus for the little kids needing to go on a walk. 


Cute little Abilene bird in the woodpile



There was a lot of wood


Wood explorers


I love these kids.


Isn't she marvelous?


Yep! She is. I think I will put up a lot of pictures about her.


I LOVE HER.


Grandpa and the wood splitter with an audience



Beautifully split wood


Gilbert and Grandpa


Owen and Hoyt doing wood


Carrying wood to the basement window


Impromptu coffee table


When the basement is finally full, we all sat around on the remaining woodpile.


Cheyenne, Sarah, and I


Evan


Evan and his Lincoln boy


And his Elliott boy


Those White boys!


Sarah and Scott


My grown up Cheyenne girl!


Woodcutter Dad



Tori, with her why-are-you-taking-a-picture-of-me face.


Cheyenne cuddling Abilene


Livie and Daisy


Dimply Livie


Scott in a tractor, Gilbert in a little car.

1 comment:

The McCoys said...

Totally awesome pics - you have such a great way of capturing people as they are - great smiles all around :)