July 16, 2019

April

Some more random pictures from April! 


During our April Break, Lily and I went to Burlington. We had hoped to figure out why she gets strep throat every other minute and perhaps solve it, but no go. It just happens. And they don't recommend taking tonsils out anymore because it is not a guaranteed to solve the problem.  


Basically we drove five hours round trip to be told nothing new. 

Oh well! We had a nice drive listening to Lily's current audio book (a Wings of Fire book. A dragon book. I roll my eyes, but since it was a day together, I said we could listen to it. And it wasn't bad!) and then walking around town and having lunch together. 


We went to the Skinny Pancake because Lily wanted crepes. They had chalkboard tables, which Lily thought was brilliant.


Sketching the plant


Clever girl!

It was yummy food! 


A gigantic hummingbird


City Hall


The Post Office. 

Buildings used to be so much more beautiful than they are today. 


Pine trees against the blue sky


Catkins


Heading out for a walk with cousins



Wispy clouds over the farm


Pussy willows



Blanket Forts


A wet, wet day


Raindrops on pussy willows





I really enjoyed the raindrops on things! 

Clearly.


Moss being green when nothing else was. 



New shoots from the moss.


Lichens and new buds



My walking companions


Elsie really liked this rock.



Gilbert and some tree buds


Love! 


Wood puddles


Not sure, but so bright! 


It is very wet in the spring



Waterproof pants were a great investment. 



I love this boy!


Trying on dresses for Aunt Tori's wedding.


The first daffodil. Or at least a sunshiney one. 


The girls had NYSMMA, which is basically a place to go be judged on your musician abilities by an outside observer at SUNY Potsdam's Crane School of Music. Gilbert and Elsie and I hung out in a little alcove reading books and watching photoshoots happening outside. 

Watching them I was devoutly grateful that social media did not exist in my teens. So much stress! 


Unfurling things.


Trying out centerpieces for Tori's wedding.


Robots in my library


These are the dash robots and the kids loved them! 


Ozobots


Easter Egg hunt on Mom and Dad's front yard.


Justin designated himself the game warden and threatened to confiscate all excess takings. 


Looking for chocolate eggs


Aunt Ashley organized the whole thing because she is great! 


Green grass coming along! 


A golden egg


Tree buds!



So beautiful! 


Justin's hand hewn post for our house. He is so clever! This was just a log and he turned it into a nice square post. 


Furry catkins




More unfurling things along the creek


Spring is so full of secret delights. 


The outrageous blooms of a tree.


Elegant layers


I have a thing for ferns.


A moth that is likely dead. But still elegant.


We love walks in the woods!



Moss covered trees


A red blush of buds all over the woods


Our house from the creekside. Coming along! 

1 comment:

Cecil and Amy said...

I want to comment on every picture but I guess I will save you from that! I liked your library pictures! I liked Justin's game warden picture! And I was especially intrigued with the fallen tree that is round no longer. Is that the post that I saw that has already been placed in the house in your dining room area?