July 17, 2019

A Sunday in April

Now for some random pictures that I didn't post before. 

I present--A Sunday in April 


It was a nice Sunday, but not an eventful Sunday. Which really are the most precious kinds. 


Mom's cousin Alice and her husband came to our meeting and then home for lunch with us. 


Gilbert stole my camera and took pictures.


Abilene is a stinker! 


Nolan hamming it up! 


Then we went for a leek picking walk in the woods. 


My little leek pickers


Blue Cohosh


The flowers are tan, so they blend into the background pretty easily. 


Dutchmen's Breeches


Abilene digging up leeks


Spring Beauties


Hoyt is a boy after my own heart--he loves plants and nature. He had to take me to a particular place to show me a particular flower. 

We are good friends. 


Spring time pools


Bouquet


Sweet boy and dutchmen's breeches


Checking out Grandpa's auto museum* on the way out. 

*Auto museum seems more respectful than junk yard. 


Homeward bound


All that sunshine and a light breeze--it was a perfect late April day! 



Waiting for us slowpokes




There is a picture, once upon a time, of Tori and Livie running along this area at this time of year when they were about this age--but I can't find it. And it really isn't the same. Still, things continue! 


Puddle-stomper


Beefers


Supposedly all these rocks were left by receding glaciers. 


However they got here, they are vital for jumping. I remember spending hours in this pasture jumping from rock to rock. 


Underwater


Trying to not touch grass





And then, Monday morning's sunrise. Which should have been better cropped, but it isn't. 

No comments: