December 11, 2018

Downtown Anchorage on Friday Night


Another random post that never got done this summer! 

The first Friday of every month, Anchorage has a art night with galleries staying open late and with all the extra people around, most of the other stores stay open too. So Lindsey took us on a tour of the art galleries. 

I was told (after I took a lot of pictures) that I wasn't supposed to take pictures. 

So. Don't try to sell these people. And if you want the real picture, contact a gallery in Anchorage. 


Loved these quirky animals


This artist had down syndrome, which was pretty neat! I love seeing people with Down's Syndrome doing great things. 


Loved this artist! 


There are a lot of artists in Anchorage actually. 


A totem pole


Hanging with the bears


A pretty window


I so want all of these. They are so cute and fluffy!! And they are all doing different things, sewing, gathering berries. 


I was amazingly tempted by these pictures. However, I resisted.


The weather was so beautiful, everyone was out and about. Pretty crowded!


There was live music in most of the galleries. 


This bear just kills me. It is the most surprised looking bear I have ever seen. But the kids liked it. 


Flowers in Anchorage are just so lovely. 


The visitor's center with the grass roof. 



Large fiberglass animals dot the city, painted by various artists. 


Such a gorgeous evening!!


Gnomies! 


A lovely green teapot with a clover covered counterpart. The clover teapot would have been a great gift for Clover, but it wasn't as vibrant or green as I thought it should be, so I didn't bother. 


Nasturtiums! I have never seen nasturtiums grow as lushly as they do in Alaska. 


This is the sun. Anchorage has a scaled down solar system. Pluto is 13 miles away. 


Gilbert was very enthusiastic about the musicians! 


The inlet

After walking around town, Lindsey took us down to see the planes flying over..... now I forget what Point it was. However, the airport had to repair a runway, so the planes were diverted to a different runway and weren't flying right overhead. But we had a lovely time anyway! 


Orianna my little Alaskan girl. She was born here and wants to move back. 


Me and these kids I love


My little geologist. She immediately had to start looking through the rocks and dirt to see if there was anything unusual lurking around. 


My little creator. He was convinced he needed to take this tire because he wanted to make Aunt Loy a four wheeler. Since it has been sitting on the beach for a few decades, we convinced him it wasn't a great idea. 


This was a whole vehicle chassis. I am not sure of the back story here. But since it is Alaska, that might be just as well. Alaska is weird and wacky in a mostly good way. 


On our 2 mile ride home, this moose wandered past our van. Which was terrific! 



This was about all I really bought. But it was exciting enough! SUCH good tea. And an adorable little tea ball. Though, to be honest, I must prefer Justin's tea infuser to this one. His is basic and uncomplicated. This one is a little finicky and occasionally leaks. 

And just so you know, this is Justin's tea infuser that I love. Because everyone needs good tea infusers (or strainers) in their life. This one is just so straightforward and easy. 

Tea Infuser,Tea Strainer,2 PACK 304 Stainless Steel Water Filter with Double Handles for Hanging on Teapots, Mugs, Cups to steep Loose Leaf Tea and Coffee,Cold Brew Coffee Maker. FDA Approved.

No comments: