1. Elsie clutching things as she toddles around. Mostly writing utensils, which the kids left out. They are her security--getting very upset when I take away her marker.
2. Cool weather. A very hot Wednesday heightened my ability to appreciatethe ability to wear a hoodie this morning and feel cozy.
3. Penny's puppies have opened their eyes.
4. Dahlias mixed with aster and loosestrife on my kitchen windowsill.
5. Walks. I love walks. Really, really. Normally I walk before Justin leaves for work, but this week I decided I would go whenever I could during the day, plopping Gilbert and Elsie in the double stroller. And walking with them is just as refreshing as going by myself. I have more energy, so housekeeping is easier, making me a happier person, which makes me feel generous and patient with the kids, which in turn makes me feel like a better mother, which makes me feel more relaxed and content when Justin is home, making me a better wife. Walks are my miracle drug of choice.
And here are a few pictures from my walk this morning....