August 25, 2017

Surf Beach in Lompoc, CA Part 1


Since we were in California, we wanted to see the Pacific. 


We had lunch with my brother Tyler in Lompoc where his truss company is located and then headed out to find a beach. 


The first beach we went to (whose name escapes me) was shut so that one type of plover could nest undisturbed. 



So we went to the next beach, Surf Beach.

Surf Beach has a train station. In case you ever need a train to the Pacific. 


Heading down to the water. 

Surf Beach is so named because it has a fierce undertow  which produces nice waves. So no swimming going on! 


Dunes and water



I know those kids!



And these!


My lovely sister-in-law, Lisa


Sand! 


What a cool crew of kids! They all had such a good time together! Wish we could have stayed longer...



My Orianna girl



Messy haired Elsie




Burying Andy



Lil-bill



I love her!


Now for some waves!




Erin (who is called Mouse) Swenson came with us. She and Justin grew up together for a little while in Colorado. She has these two adorable kiddos!




The diggingest boys






Talking


My Justin

1 comment:

Cecil and Amy said...

I love the pictures of your girls on the beach! Apparently Gilbert was too busy digging to take part in such a mundane task! :)