January 6, 2017

Tarte soleil


This recipe began at King Arthur flour, like all the other ones (website loyalty is a good thing!!) but I found a smitten kitchen recipe that did not require me to make my own puff pastry. Hello! 




Basically you layer two sheets of puff pastry, fill it how you see fit (I made a cream cheese/cheddar/bacon/herbs filling), cut it into a ten inch circle (I left mine a square...), cut circle into quarters eight times for 32 rays, and twist each ray three times. Bake at 400 for about 25 minutes. And enjoy! 

It is awfully fun and festive looking for the simplicity involved. I wasn't totally happy with my filling, but it is a delicious thing to keep trying to perfect. 

3 comments:

Virginia said...

I’d eat the heck out of this! Looks awesome!

Cecil and Amy said...

Wow. It is really really pretty.

Geri Douglas said...

I am going to have to look King Arthur up and make this recipe, looks scrumptious!!